Friday 29 January 2010

IM GOING TO VANCOUVER 2010 OLYMPICS


Today was the official skeleton team announcement in London. The media were all there to question the team, as the names were said out loud to the world... my name was on the list... I'm going!!

I have known for a few weeks now but my mouth has been painfully sealed!! So I'm am glad to now be able to tell you all.

I picked up the Olympic kit on the way back from Austria last Sunday, such an exciting moment as the realisation of my life dream has now come true...I am competing at an Olympic Games! As you can probably tell I have to keep telling myself! Adidas has done an amazing job in kitting out the whole British Team with enough kit to last a life time...thank you.

All the hard work over the years, especially this last year has payed off. There is still alot to be done as its not over yet...I have the hardest race off my life only weeks away. None of my preparation could have been done alone though...Iv had such a great support team around me, my coaches, physio, sled tech, friends and family who have helped and guided me every step of the way...I'm doing this race for all of you .. I will give it my all, and will do everything in my power to make this Olympic Skeleton Race the best and fastest of my Life!

Women's skeleton race is on the 18th and 19th February 2010.