Saturday 8 January 2011

Youth Sport Trust talent camp, Loughborough


I have been helping out recently with the Youth Sport Trust, I joined them for a 3 day talent camp at Loughborough University, where about 80 of our next generation sporting champions from across country were all joined together to find out what it takes to become the best. The National Talent Orientation Camp offered the 14-18 year olds a unique opportunity to develop their skills on a personal, sporting academic and vocational level, to mix with many sporting champions in their sports, to ask questions and to learn.
The sports represented at the 2010 camp this year were canoeing, cycling, rowing, hockey, wheelchair basketball, badminton, sailing, rugby and netball. I was there to help put the youngsters through a series of physical, mental and educational challenges and scenarios, whilst also offering advice and support. I joined in with many of the sports including some of the wheelchair basketball sessions, a great team of inspiring athletes. I was able to give my top tips, advice and help to everyone during my sessions with them, I wish them all the very best to achieve their goals and dreams.