Saturday 3 October 2009

PACKING TIME AGAIN....!


Its that time of the year again that I start to pack my big bag and head for the ice. I have trained very hard this summer to get myself into my best ever physical shape for this Olympic season. I am at my strongest and quickest physical peak that I have ever been...now all I have to do is to put it onto ice and push as fast as I can and then slide my sled down the ice track.....easier said then done!
There has been a buzz in the air all week as I have been on a pre-season training camp in Bath. Meetings about the season and plans about the months ahead.
The British team first of all head out to Cesana, Italy where we will have our first ice runs of this 2009-2010 winter season.....the most nervous runs of the season!! Its always scary after a summer of no ice to stand at the start of the track and sprint off the top...and iv been doing it for 8 years now! I need to toughen up a little!
I will let you know how it goes very shortly.