Wednesday 2 June 2010

SCHOOL PLAYGROUND OPENING

On the 2oth May I was asked if I would be able to go to a local Primary School in Oldfield Park, Bath and open up their new playground.
Alot of money had been raised to build and make a huge big wooden boat structure that the children would be able to play on and enjoy in safety.
All the children were out in the playground when I arrived and were singing to me, it was the sweetest welcome I have had. I was asked lots of questions from them about the Olympics, sport and my life and ambitions. Surprisingly I almost find it harder to think of answers to children then to adults, I am aware so much that the children see me as a role model and soak up my every word, to see the look on their faces when they see me and get to touch my medal makes me realise the huge excitement it brings to people.