Saturday 3 December 2011

WORLD CUP RACE #1




It’s the start of the skeleton world cup season. The first race was yesterday in Igls, Austria.I was really happy with my self and my performance especially with my push times which were both 3rd fastest. It was then a shame that I didn’t seem to be able to hold onto this position by the time I was 14 corners down the track and crossing over the finish line, I had to settle for 12th place. Always frustrating when you drop places down the track, my speed was low, and I was loosing out the whole way down. Not sure why at the moment, but technology is such a huge part of this sport, and something is not quite right with my sled/runners/ set up on sled. I will hopefully get it sorted soon and will be back further up the standings where I know I can be. Thanks Charlie Booker for the photos!