Tuesday 14 September 2010

SINGAPORE YOUTH OLYMPICS

A few weeks ago I went to Singapore to be part of Team GB at the first Youth Olympic Games.We had a talented team of 39 athletes from all Olympic sports aged 14-18, participating alongside 3,600 competitors from all 205 National Olympic Committees, so a huge competition.

I was out there as an athlete supporter/mentor to inspire and help out with our young team. It was really noticeable from engaging with the athletes how much the games represent a fantastic opportunity for them to compete with other young athletes at the highest level on a global stage. It was my first time in Singapore and I soon discovered how hot, humid and sticky it is there!

Was nice for me to be in shorts and t-shirts in this competitive environment, not the usual layers I’m normally in!