Sunday 8 August 2010

HOLIDAY TIME FINALLY


Just over a week ago I got back from Jamaica, where my boyfriend and I finally got to go on holiday, our first break since the Olympics 5 months ago!

The Mail newspaper asked if I would like to do a travel article for them, with Virgin holidays and Sandals Hotels – I said a big fat “yes please” ! Subsequently I took them up on their invite to travel to Jamaica to stay at Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa; I mean who wouldn’t say yes to that!!

As soon as we left the plane the heat quickly wafted across our faces and we were welcomed by the friendliest people I have ever come across. I had never visited the country before, but we were both impressed by the hotel, food, and beautiful countryside this amazing place has to offer. One day we went on a tour and visited the YS Falls which are Jamaica’s famous waterfalls, with 7 tiered levels where you can jump off rope swings and even jump off one of the tiers. I have to admit I did have a go, just some extra fear factor training for the skeleton!But what a holiday and what fun!