Thursday 20 May 2010

LONDON LUNCH

I was invited to a lunch in London the next day after the Sports Industry Awards, after a very late night it was lovely to be fed some beautiful food at the Mandarin Oriental, Hyde Park. Bar Boulud, a french inspired bistro, is newly opened under the direction of the illustrious Lyon born Chef Daniel Boulud.
The Daily Telegraph hosted this event in honour of Helen Skelton, Britain's amazing adventure kayaking down the Amazon woman, and me. In between course we both got interviewed by Sue Thearle who currently presents the News and Sport on the BBC News channel and on BBC World News.
It was an inspiring few hours as I listened to another persons adventure, yes a different one from my Olympic journey, but someone who I could relate to and still be overwhelmed by what she had just achieved. Having first met Helen a few months ago when I was invited onto Blue Peter, I want to say she is a true inspiration also to all women out there, Well done Helen.